1. SharePoint is a tool, is used to build portals, collaboration, and content management sites. It also supports document management and record management.
2. It is built on the .NET platform and its versions are:
· Microsoft SharePoint 2001
· Microsoft SharePoint Portal server 2003
· Microsoft Office SharePoint server 2007
· Microsoft SharePoint 2010
3. SharePoint Server is based on the technology called windows shared services [WSS].
4. WSS is freely available (downloadable) product.
5. MOSS 2007 is built on WSS and it is licensed product.
6. Moss 2007 functionality revolves around six pillars, i.e. Collaboration, Portal, Search, Content Management, Business Process, Business Intelligence
7. Moss features are:
· Business intelligence
· Business data catalog (BDC)
· Enterprise search
· User profile support
8. Microsoft SharePoint server 2010 has six pillars, i.e. Sites, Communities, Content, Search, Insights, and Composites.
9. Microsoft SharePoint server 2010 features are:
· business connectivity service
· Fast search
· Sandboxed solution
· Windows PowerShell
· Visio service
10. SharePoint incorporates the functionality of:
· Content Management System (CMS)
· Document Management System (DMS)
· Record Management System (DMS)Feel free to ping me at firstname.lastname@example.org